Here in this article, you are going to read about WWW Full Form, What is WWW? Components, history, advantages, disadvantages, features, and differences between the internet and WWW.
What is the Full Form of WWW?
World Wide Web is the full form of WWW. Now let’s understand its aspects in detail.
What is WWW?
The worldwide web is just one of many services available on the internet. Today this is the popular service on the internet.
World Wide Web is also called the Web, is a big collection of web pages and websites stored in the Web Servers and connected to the Personal or local computer with the help of the internet.
It is a total set of interlinked hypertext documents residing on HTTP servers (HyperText Transfer Protocol) all around the world. Documents on the World Wide Web, called pages or Web pages, are written in HTML (Hypertext Markup Language), Identified by URLs (Uniform, Resource Locator) that specify the particular pathname by which a file can be accessed, and transmitted from server to end-user under HTTP.
These files may contain text (in a variety of fonts and styles), graphic images, files, and sounds, or other software programs that execute when the user activate them by clicking on the link.
Also Read: HTML full form, meaning, history, features, needs, advantages and disadvantages
Components used by WWW
There are mainly three components:
- HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
- HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
- URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
History of WWW
The history of the World Wide Web has its roots at the European center for nuclear research (CERN) in geneva. A proposal by Tim Berners Lee in 1989 created the world wide web to share research information on nuclear physics.
They also created the first-ever browser also named World wide web but later they changed the name of the browser to Nexus to avoid any confusion with WWW.
Advantages of WWW
- The free information available on the internet is the most important thing, you can use all information to increase your knowledge.
- Web resources are helping us to connect and communicate with each other.
- The worldwide web is accessible from anywhere in the world, so people can share their ideas, and local news to help others by giving information about their location.
- You can also purchase and sell through the web this is an advantage for those who sell their products or services in one area but now they can sell their services or products anywhere.
- You can easily make your business presence on the web by creating a simple website.
- Increased earning potential of every business sector.
- Low connecting fees, affordable price.
Disadvantages of WWW
- There is a lot of information present on the web but there is no guarantee whether the data is correct or fake. The data may be correct but in some cases, data may not be correct or updated.
- Online frauds, cybercrime, hacking, cyberbullying are increasing time by time.
- Privacy is the biggest problem of the web, no one’s data is safe or secured if your data is present on the web.
- Using the services present on the web can cause addiction, like online gaming, entertainment, online gambling, etc.
- There is always a chance of spreading fake news.
- Cookies collection on the web pages may be spammy for some users.
Features/Characteristics of WWW
- WWW is an open-source platform available all over the world.
- It is a cross-platform system compatible with all kinds of devices.
- WWW is a kind of system that can store hypertext (A text which contains “links” to the other text’s information.
- It worked as a distributed system that outspread among different types of websites.
What is the difference between the Internet and WWW?
Internet and www are totally different from each other, it is just a service available on the internet.
Internet is called a global network that connects different types of devices like, computers, smartphones, and laptops.
For example, If you chatting with someone you are just connected with the other person through the internet but on the other side, WWW is a collection of various servers that can store hypertext and other resources.
If you searching on the web you are just using the web, By using the internet we can access the stored data like hypertext and other resources.
WWW stands for World Wide Web, also called as Web, is an online information center that stores all websites data and makes them accessible over the world through the internet, users only need to have a web browser with a decent speed of internet connection.
This is our article in Full form of WWW, If you found anything helpful in this website information please share this with your friends.