Today, we will tell you about What is network security in this blog and discuss some of its features and why it is needed.
What is Network:-
Before we understand network security, we need to know what a network is. When two or more accountants are connected by wires or devices it is called a wireless network. And when the network is ready, accountants and tools share relevant information.
What is Network Security
Now the network is prepared. He is a network to maintain the security of this network. Network security means protecting the network from misuse or unauthorized access.
Therefore all security rules and equipment are kept secure and the security of each network is guaranteed depending on the size for example if the network is minor then the security of the main network will be supported.
At the same time, when the network of a company is large, then it will be very important for network security. Each network is highly secure and consists of multiple security layers that employ hardware software.
Security measures include firewall encryption for accessing security monitoring application software to prevent data loss.
Principles of Network Security:-
The 4 main principles of security are as follows:-
- Confidentiality:- Confidentiality must be maintained in the communication and exchange of information about any person or company relating to its personality or business and may be accessed only by the person or parties who have the authority to do so.
That is, that is, the confidential information shared between the Sender and the Receiver should be accessible only to those who cannot be accessed by any outside person or party.
- Authentication:- It guarantees the identity of the individual or party. In other words, it guarantees that the person who has the sensitive information is an authorized person. This information is generally protected by username and password and can only be accessed by authorized personnel.
- Integrity:- This ensures that the information received is accurate and correct. In other words, no one has access to it and the information shared between the sender and the recipient has not been changed.
- Availability:- This principle states that information is always available to a person or party authority because party information cannot be useful if it is not accessible to the authority.
Read Also:- Virtual Private Network
What are the key tools of network security?
A multi-layered approach to network security Comprehensive access control and threat control involves a variety of technologies within the network as we will now learn.
- Firewall:- A firewall is a network that establishes a barrier between trusted and untrusted areas. Thus a firewall network performs access control and micro-segmentation based on IP subnets. The same firewall can also perform smaller partitions, known as micro-segments.
- Load Balancer:- A load balancer distributes load based on metrics. By implementing specific mitigation techniques, a load balancer can go beyond traditional load balancing to provide the capability to absorb certain attacks, such as a volumetric DDoS attack.
- IDS/IPS:- The classic IDS/IPS is deployed behind a firewall and provides network protocol analysis and signature matching on various parts of a data packet. Protocol analysis is a compliance check against the publicly declared specification of the protocol. Signature matching prevents known attacks such as an SQL injection.
- Sandbox:- A sandbox is similar to an IDS/IPS, except that it does not rely on signatures. A sandbox can emulate an end-system environment and determine if a malware object is trying, for example, to execute port scans.
- NTA/NDR:- NTA/NDR looks directly at traffic (or traffic records such as NetFlow) and uses machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques to evaluate anomalies and determine if a threat is present. First, NTA/NDR tries to determine a baseline. With a baseline in place, it identifies anomalies such as traffic spikes or intermittent communication.
What is the need for Network Security?
Nowadays many small and big business is cyber-based where internet lines and other network methods are used. Avoiding cyber threats and keeping operations running smoothly and keeping important data safe is critical.
This requires network security. Its implementation prevents any type of cybercrime on the network like virus hacking, data loss, data alteration, identity theft, DDoS attack, etc., and a secure platform is provided to the user to work.
You must have known what is network security, why it is needed, and what are its main principles. We hope this information will prove useful to you and now you must have come to know the importance of security.