USB Full Form
In this article you are going to know about in-depth information about the USB Full Form, we will provide you all the basic and important details about USB.
You are going to read about the Full Form of USB, who invented USB? their types, uses, advantages, disadvantages, and many more, so stay with us.
What is the Full Form of USB
Universal Serial Bus is the Full Form of USB.
What is USB?
USB (Universal Serial Bus) is a platform that allows us to communicate between the device and a host controller, for example, A computer is a host controller. They are used for contact, networking, and also power supply purposes.
It is very helpful and reduces the workload by transferring data and electrical power supply between the different devices such as mice, keyboards, scanners, printers, hard drives, flash drives, etc.
It is supported by all major operating systems because of its cross-platform technology. The certified High-speed USB mark on the box is known as the fastest USB device.
Who invented USB and when?
Ajay V Bhatt, an Indian-American computer architect holds the credit for the invention of the Universal Serial Bus (USB). Intel was the company he is working at the time of the invention of USB.
Ajay V Bhatt started the development of USB in 1994 but it is invented in 1995 and launched its first version 1.0 in the next year 1996.
Types of USB
There are too many different types of USB are available in the market which is used by all the users, Examples are:
You can find this easily on one side of every USB cable, this is the standard connector. Primarily used on the host controller in the hubs and computers.
You can use this connector to connect your large devices, such as printers and scanners. Most of the USB-B devices have a USB-A connector on the other end of the cable. It gives you faster speed than micro or mini USB.
This the newest USB gives more power that the other ones and able to transfer higher rates of data easily.
You can easily saw these connectors in the newer versions of smartphones and laptops. This is also used for devices that used rapid charging techniques.
The name is micro but smaller than mini, which means it is a very small type of connector that is used in smartphones, Bluetooth headphones, and many other portable devices.
But now the new market leader is USB-C, and now Micro-USB is used in some low price devices and in-expensive products, USB-C is used for faster data and power supply.
The basic connector for mobile devices, which is exchanged by the Micro-USB, But you can still found these connectors on Cameras and MP 3 player-like devices.
What are the Uses of USB?
- You can use the USB for taking backups of your system which can be used in case of deletion of data from your computer
- The main purpose of USB is to store files
- It is also used to lock or unlock your system
- You can also able to run a different Operating system on any device using the USB, as well as you can also run portable apps
- It keeps your file safe
- Traveling with tons of data made easy by USB
Advantages and Disadvantages of USB
- This is very simple and easy to use for everyone
- Power consumption is very low
- Available at cheap price
- Comes in different sizes and connector types
- Durability is enough good according to price and specification
- Able to connect 120+ USB with PC at one time
- It also has a robust connection system
- Easy to carry because of their design and built quality
- Data transmission is not good enough when you comparing with others
- The performance and functions of a USB are within limits
- It doesn’t include any broadcast technology
- Between the peripherals, only a single message can be exchanged
USB connectors play an important role in power supply to the devices as well as storing your data safely, so it is an important device for all the users. You can easily use them without any practice or guidance.
If you like this article about USB full Form then share this with your friends.