VPN is a service that encrypts your data and hides your IP address from others. It hides your online identity from others even if you are using a public Wi-Fi network. With the help of a VPN, you can protect yourself on the Internet and browse anonymously.
In today’s article, we will know what a VPN is and how it works. Sharing your personal data online is very dangerous now because the online world is full of bad people who can share your data. They also point to theft. In such a situation, VPN helps us a lot to keep ourselves safe online.
Today we have an easy way to remove all the apprehensions we always face while working online. Which is called VPN. We all have heard about VPN at least once. What is VPN and how does it work? Today we will learn about VPN in this blog.
What is VPN
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. A VPN is a private network technology that creates a secure connection between public networks such as Wi-Fi and the Internet. VPN is a great way to secure your network while protecting your privacy from hackers.
VPN services are mainly used by people working online such as government agencies, educational institutions, and companies to protect confidential information from unauthorized users.
VPNs support all types of data that you need and those you do not have. Ordinary people access the Internet to browse and use VPN services on their mobile phones or VPN apps.
Free internet is a big achievement here in India regarding internet freedom. This is because sometimes the local government formally imposes restrictions on different parts of the country, making it very difficult to download and upload anything. Sometimes, you can go to jail for disobeying the rules.
In such a situation, we need such technology to protect our identity. Protecting Yourself Using a VPN helps to keep your identity confidential and secure, eliminating many restrictions.
Advantages of VPN
Let’s get complete information about the Advantages of VPN:-
- It helps to securely protect public connections:- Often we need to use a Wi-Fi connection but sometimes it’s not secure, so this way we have a VPN that can identify itself can be hidden and browsed securely.
- It Enhances Online Security:- When online security then internet browsing really VPN guarantees, it protects your web data very well. Then there is a VPN, along with strong antivirus and standard firewall, it adds an extra layer to our security.
- It helps you be visible from anywhere:- Geographic restrictions are very annoying but needed. This way VPN can help you to access geo-blocked websites, there is no limit where you can stop whatever shows you want to stop it.
- Anything that can be downloaded anonymously:- If your Internet service provider blocks you from using a website, you can download files anonymously with the help of VPN services.
Disadvantages of VPN
Let us get some information about the disadvantages of VPN:-
- Most reliable VPN is not free:- Any way you will find many free VPN services to use but limits are 2GB daily or 5GB, after that you don’t have free. In such cases, you will have to use a paid monthly subscription.
- You have to research properly for good connection speed:- VPN often encrypts all network traffic, as it uses up significant resources which reduce internet speed. Therefore you can use a paid VPN to access Nahar speeds.
- Not all available VPNs can be trusted:- You will probably find that VPN IPs are often not unique, it will be shared with many people. Because it becomes like this, many security issues like IP addresses are blacklisted and IPs are probably doing spoofing. So it would be better if you can use a leading VPN and reincarnate, it can be trusted enough in testing.
- Sometimes the VPN can be more complex:- The way VPN where simple also has many complexes. This means that the process of regulating the many complex VPNs it uses has been avoided by many users.
What is the Function of VPN
The reason VPNs thrive is because they can help people protect their privacy. Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are software applications that allow you to securely connect to private networks using a public network such as the Internet.
VPN software encrypts all your online data and connects it to remote servers. Data goes through a tunnel in an encrypted format that protects your connection from potential hackers who want to steal or monitor your information.
Since VPNs are mostly used to access geo-restricted content on the web, VPNs have become more popular in recent years. This increases competition among suppliers resulting in lower prices for consumers.
How VPN Works
The most important function of a VPN is to ensure the security of your connection or all online actions. At the same time, the biggest advantage of using a VPN is that no matter how many restrictions there are on the Internet, because if there are some sites in our country that we cannot access, then we can use Virtual Private Network.
Sites that you were not allowed to visit before can now be viewed through a VPN. When we connect the device to the VPN the device acts as a local network when we ask. Placing the site in your phone’s browser blocks the site in our country and the VPN starts working.
The user sends a request through the VPN to the server of the blocked website and from there it displays the content of the website and complete information on the user’s device. When you live in one country and are connected to a VPN from another country then tunneling through makes it easy to accomplish the task.
Because we don’t have any website block in this country you connect to their VPN and there is a connection between that VPN and your VPN. The network connection must be set encrypted which means no one can access the VPN. The network steals personal details and you can access the site through a VPN.
Understand this example:-
Netflix in India was just released but before that when Netflix was not in India and we live in India and it is connected to a server is it on US VPN or what should we do? The United Kingdom So once connected we can easily watch Netflix through this server.
This way the Netflix user will not know that they are in India because they believe that the user is on a local network i.e. in the United States of America. They can’t do that. Be aware of restrictions imposed in India as they may assume that the links you create are common to servers in India only.
There is a lot of software that can use VPN on the internet. There are some free and paid versions that you can use by installing them on your smartphone and computer.
How to set up VPN?
So far, we have learned about what a VPN is and have gotten a little bit of information about its works. Then in such a situation, we should know how to use these VPNs on your Desktop Computer or SmartPhone.
How to set up VPN on your computer:-
If you want to use a VPN on your computer, you have to use Opera Developer Software. You must have heard about the Opera browser at some point or the other and many people must have used it, you just have to download and install that software.
- First of all, after installing Opera browser, you have to open Opera browser, now you will see an option of menu on the top side, you will have to click on it and then click on setting.
- By clicking on the setting, you will have the option of Privacy and Security, then on clicking it, you will see the option of VPN, there you will have to tick Enable VPN.
- By doing this VPN will be activated in your Opera browser, now you are able to access all types of blocked websites in it.
- Now you can see VPN written near the URL of the browser, by clicking on it you can turn on / off the VPN whenever you want, as well as change the location wherever you want.
Best Windows VPN Software for Computer
Well, there are many VPN software available on the internet, but choosing the right VPN for them becomes a bit difficult. That’s why we have compiled a list of some Windows VPN software that you can install on your Windows 10 computer and save your identity.
Well, note that most of these are free and paid, so you can use a free VPN service if you are a regular user.
- Hotspot Shield
- Tunnel Bear
- Finch VPN
- Surf Easy
- ZPN connect
- Total VPN
How to set up VPN in SmartPhone or Mobile
If you want to set up a VPN on your smartphone, you can do it easily, only you need to download the VPN application from your mobile in Playstore (Android) or Appstore (iOS) and then install it, You can use it. So let’s find out how to use the application properly.
- Download the VPN application on your smartphone, such as Windscribe, install it on your mobile as you have installed the application.
- After doing that, you have to open the application, then set it the location you want, after doing that you have to click to connect.
- When clicking Connect, the VPN network will be activated on your smartphone.
What is the best Android VPN application for smartphones:-
Here I have listed the best VNP android application, which you can check for yourself and as per your requirements, you can install any android application.
- Tiger VPN
- Buffered VPN
I hope you have liked this blog what is VPN, If any question is related to the network then definitely ask.